NVG, LLC accepts applications for our internship program on a rolling basis. We hire interns for three seasons: Spring (January – May), Summer (May – August), and Fall (August – December). Internships are based at our Washington, D.C. office and are open to all current undergraduate students. Interns are paid on a monthly basis.
Applicants must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, demonstrate a willingness to learn, and possess good writing and communication skills. NVG places an emphasis on issues relating to health care, immigration, food policy and education. Applicants who have an expressed interest in one or more of those issue areas will be given preference.
NVG, LLC encourages internships and is fully committed to providing an educational experience for all participants. The intern will be under the direct supervision of the Intern Coordinator. Although intern responsibilities will include some clerical work, interns will gain substantive experience under the direct supervision of a staff member.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• assisting with administrative and clerical duties
• handling front office responsibilities such as answering phones, greeting guests, and setting up for meetings in the office
• conducting legislative research
• assisting in drafting memos for clients concerning legislation and policy
• assisting with targeted outreach efforts for NVG sponsored briefings or fundraisers
• creating data charts or PowerPoint presentations relating to policy areas
• compiling and distributing daily news clips for staff
• attending committee hearings, policy briefings, or academic forums as needed
• assisting with a variety of other tasks and projects as needed or as interests indicate
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and at least one reference to email@example.com.